Fire and Explosion in Home (AZ)
This matter involved the failure of a natural gas line in the attic of a home that led to an explosion and fire, resulting in the death of a resident. Upon forensic evaluation of the evidence remaining in the fire debris it was determined the HVAC equipment was improperly installed. The installation caused condensate from the evaporator coil to leak onto the steel gas line that was installed below the furnace/coil unit; resulting in through-corrosion of the line and the subsequent release of natural gas into the attic space. Represented plaintiffs, private settlement prior to trial in 2016.